- People pay a lot of attention on the cost, not the system (where the problem is, and we don't even have standard definition of cost).
- Diagnostic errors are 50% more than medication errors. (This surprises me. Does that mean we cannot fully believe doctors?)
- "Cultural belief" is hard to change. (The gap between engineers and MD)
- "Fool with a tool is still a fool."
- Health IT is not a panacea, but many think it is.
- Measure twice, cut once.
- Idea alarm: Making the error visible before it happens.
Jun 9, 2009
Some notes from the conference about health care system: